If you missed the meeting Tues. 8/28 here are the highlights:
- applications (for returning and new members) are open now (until 9/1)
- returning members may return if they had 7 or more service hours last year
- check the elgibilty requirements below before applying
- sponsorships still being accepted - see an officer for details
- join the Remind account for up to date information
- tutoring will resume 9/12 at lunch
To be eligible for the Society, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Student must be in at least the 10th grade.
- Student must be enrolled in Spanish 3 or higher
- Student must be actively enrolled in a Spanish class or have taken and passed the highest level of Spanish offered at Stockdale High School.
- Student must have a 3.5 GPA average for all Spanish courses.
- Student must have an overall 3.0 GPA average for all high school courses.
- Student must have never failed a class.
- Members must stay in good standing academically.
- Members must volunteer 10 hours throughout the year
- Community Service may be served through on-campus tutoring but must include 1 outside of school event
- Seniors must serve 10 hours by early deadline in order to qualify for a Graduation stole