The Laws of the State of California require the following conditions:
- Minors under eighteen must have a permit to work issued by the school for a specific type of work, before being employed.
- An employed minor must secure a new permit each time he/she changes employers.
- Permits to work before and after school and on Saturday may be obtained from the Resource Center upon request.
- Permits to work while school is in session may be granted to students who must help to support their family. Proof required.
- Minors may not work before 5 a.m. or after 10:30 p.m.
- The total hours of work and school may not exceed eight hours per day.
- Work permits are a privilege not a right. Stockdale High may cancel a permit to work at any time for any reason deemed necessary for the best interest of the minor.
- Proof of age is required to obtain a work permit. (School record is acceptable)