Teachers may assign detention as part of their classroom management plan. The detention procedure will be as follows:
Detention runs Monday – Thursday in Room TBA from 2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Students will be required to work on class assignments or be dismissed.
- The student is required to bring the detention slip with them.
- Neither talking nor sleeping is allowed.
- Students must serve the entire time or it will not count.
- The student is responsible for notifying their parent/guardian of detention.
- Students have four days (afterschool) to serve a detention. In addition, students can serve detentions Tuesday and Thursday morning from 7:00 am to 7:30 am in Room 1404 and Tuesday and Thursday during their assigned lunch period in the cafeteria. There are no valid excuses for missing an assigned detention.
- Failure to serve a detention by the deadline will result in In-School Suspension (ISS) being assigned. ISS students will be in class 1404 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- Students removed from detention because of misconduct will serve ISS or suspension.
- Students are responsible for their own ride home after serving their detention/ISS.
A student who is not in the classroom when the tardy bell rings is tardy. Students should make every effort to attend class on time. An adequate amount of passing time (6 minutes) is provided between classes. Students who report to class late will be issued a detention by the teacher. During 1st period only, each student is allowed two tardies per semester before being required to obtain a detention slip.
Students with excessive tardies will be referred by the teacher to the Dean’s office for further disciplinary action including Detention, In-School-Suspension (ISS), or removed from class.